To create a simple Web Quest, you will:
- Choose a level and curriculum content descriptor (or more than one) that you will be planning for.
- Find suitable websites for the children to explore the content you have chosen.
- Put it all together into a Word Document with Hyperlinks to the websites.
- Decorate the page so that it is engaging and save as a PDF document.
Resources You Will Need –
Vic Curriculum Document
National Geographic for kids https://www.natgeokids.com/au/
Zoo Borns https://www.zooborns.com/
ABC Splash https://education.abc.net.au/home#!/home
Walking with Dinosaurs https://www.bbcearth.com/walking-with-dinosaurs
Kid Planet https://defenders.org/
Upload to Maharo
- Once you have your WebQuest
- Upload your artefact to your ePortfolio as Media – Files to Download and your reflections as a Text box.
- Artefact number three is now uploaded.
Write Your Reflection
As you reflect on the connections to the Victorian Curriculum and the Graduate Standards, here are some other things to consider in your reflections:
- How does the Level in the Curriculum Content Descriptor(s) match the activity?
- Was it difficult to find appropriate websites?
- Do you have the skills to create webpages for your students to explore?
- What were the safety concerns you were aware of?
- What extension ideas could you include?
- Would this be a shared or individual activity? Why?
- How would you assess the activities?