Kid World Citizen
This week we will learn how to read a website. I would like you to explore a global education website. My good friend Becky Morales runs an amazing website that has great things for students, teachers, parents and anyone thinking globally.
Here is the link http://kidworldcitizen.org
For your homework I would like you to:
- Explore the website and tell me two new things you have learnt.
- Find the geography page and share one thing you found.
- Leave Becky a message telling her all the things that you really like about her website.
Here is a picture of Becky and her family and a little bit of information from her website about why she started kid world citizen. She is a real inspiration to Mrs Joyce and one day Mrs Joyce hopes she can have a global website to share her passion for learning with others.
Message from www.kidworldcitizen.org
I developed Kid World Citizen to be able to share the educational activities that I have used in my classroom and at home with my 4 children to increase global and cultural awareness.
On Kid World Citizen you will find an ever-expanding database of age-appropriate, fun activities gathered from around the world that are organized by topic and by country.
- Games from around the world
- Global celebrations, holidays, and festivals
- Recipes that please even the most discerning tummies
- Multicultural art projects
- Foreign films for kids
- World music
- Reviews on children’s literature related to world cultures
- Map-reading, geography, and geo-literacy activities
- Family travel
- Service projects that reach both locally and globally
- Many other activities that help cultivate and expand young minds.
- Whether you are a teacher, a parent, a homeschooler or a scout leader, I hope that you will enjoy utilizing the resources offered by Kid World Citizen.
Please share your thoughts and ideas with me! I would love to hear from you at email@example.com