- Asia is the largest continent comprising 30% of the Earth’s land area.
- Asia is home to Mount Everest, which is the Earth’s highest mountain coming in at 29, 029 feet.
- Asia is also home to the Earth’s lowest point – The Dead Sea coming in around -997 feet.
- With over 4 billion people Asia is the most populous continent. (about 60%)
- Asia is the only continent that shares borders with two other continents; Africa and Europe. It sometimes joins with a third continent, North America, in the winter by ice forming in the Bering Sea.
- Some fascinating animals of Asia include the giant panda, the Asian elephant, Bactrian camel, kink cobra, Indian rhinoceros and the Komodo dragon.
- Asia is home to 9 of the world’s 10 tallest buildings including the tallest building currently – the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, which stands at an impressive 2,717 feet. This is closely followed by the Shanghai Tower at a no less imposing 2,073 feet.