Week 3 Blogging Challenge
I know we are on holidays but it is still a requirement you are engaging with the blogging challenges. Here is this weeks challenge details. ENJOY!
This week’s activities
But before writing your post or leaving comments, please visit this post by Mr P. He has left some hints or commandments about blogging. Leave a comment on his post answering his questions. Remember to explain giving reasons why.
We are now getting down to the nitty gritty where we can start making comparisons between schools, states, provinces, countries so this week activities are based around Time in the life of …
Answer some of these questions by writing one or more posts or present using a variety of tools mentioned in the sidebar:
- What time do you normally get up to go to school?
- What do you normally have for breakfast, recess, lunch, tea (dinner, supper)?
- How do you get to school?
- How long does it take to get to or from school?
- A typical lunch at school
- Subjects you have to do – remember to explain abbreviations like LOTE and ELA
- Specialist subjects or electives, options
- Technology in your school
- A typical schoolday with timetable and breaks
- What do you do at break times? Games, activities etc
- School bell has gone for end of day – what happens now?
- Do you have to wear uniform?
- How many days per year are you at school? How is this arranged – terms etc?
- What do you enjoy most about school?
- If you could improve your school, what would you do?
You might like to run some surveys in your school re questions 1,3,4 and 10
Here are some examples of different web tools being used by students and classes in the challenge.
Isabella used Prezi, Mrs Donofrio’s class used Photopeach, Mrs Rabe’s class used a mixture of their own images as well as creative commons images from compfight, Em used animoto and Google maps, Mrs Carpenter’s class used slideshare, Ariana used Picture Trail, Mrs Tucker’s class created a tagxedo, Mrs Hamman’s class created a video via Vimeo, Mrs Martinez’s classused Smilebox, Liah created a Voki, Sadie showed us what a well presented post looks like written in paragraphs and using great punctuation,
Whenever you write a post or leave a comment, remember Mr P’s commandments. The world could be reading what you have written so be very careful in what you say.
Nothing personal about yourself or anyone else, nothing about personal or family problems and definitely nothing about where you will be at a certain time on a certain date in the future.