How do you sleep in space?
Think Puzzle Explore
1. What do you think you know about this topic?
Watch the video clip:
2. What questions or puzzles do you have?
3. How can you explore this topic?
Find out what else happens on the international space station. How do people wash their hair? Can they brush their teeth?
Post a comment on the blog that shares with everyone what else you now know about how people survive on the international space station.
63 thoughts on “Look and Learn: How do you sleep in space?”
1) How do people eat/drink in space?
2) Can the astronauts keep in touch with their families?
3) Why do they put astronauts into space? What is their purpose?
4) Can you brush your teeth in space?
1) The astronauts get special food, that’s in packaging and can easily eat and have access to.
2) The only way to send information back and forth is to use radio waves. Just like a radio station broadcasts a signal which you can listen to using a radio, astronauts and people on Earth can broadcast information back and forth to each other
3) Because of the curiosity and exploration of the human mind..
4) Yes you can! Abby and I have recently watched an intriguing video on How To Brush Your Teeth in Space.
Question: how do they go to the toilet? How do they eat dinner? How do they connect with family?
They are fitted with adult sized diapers so they go when they have to go.
When they have a shower they are in a cylinder room with plastic curtains all the way up so the water doesn’t float away.
My idea for going further in to the topic is next inquiry should be life in space.
How do you astronauts go to the bathroom in space
Each Space Shuttle has a toilet that can be used by both men and women. Designed to be as much as possible like those on Earth, the units use flowing air instead of water to move waste through the system.
Questions:I wonder how and what they do after they have woken up?Would they get dizzy when they wake up?Where do they sleep?
-How can you have a bath in space?
-How do people get changed in space?
-Where does the human waste go to after the toilet?
Astronaughts enter a special room that has something called a “commode” for solid waste and a euronel for liquid. It has speciel things that keeps the person on the floor. For the euronel it actually has a tube in it for the men and women and they have the option of standing up or sitting down.
You can look up in google “how do people use the toilet in space” and click the first thing that comes up.
Our question was how do u eat in space?
In space they have Vacuum bags filled with food, before they they open it you have to push the food to the bottom of they bag then open it.
To wash your self in space you have to use a wet tea towel or towel and wipe your self with it and to sleep you just float with a bean bag.
U can’t have a sower in space
Thank you for putting the space video on the blog so we could see it. We really liked the space video. We found the spinach very interesting. Georgia says,”The water was very different.” Mrs Price liked learning about how they go to the toilet. Fletcher liked the ‘spying’ camera in the toilet.