Look and Learn: Compass Points
E = Excited What excites you about this idea or proposition? What’s the upside?
W = Worrisome What do you find worrisome about this idea or proposition? What’s the downside?
N = Need to Know What else do you need to know or find out about this idea or proposition? What additional information would help you to evaluate things?
S = Stance or Suggestion for Moving Forward What is your current stance or opinion on the idea or proposition? How might you move forward in your evaluation of this idea or proposition?
Take a look:
Today’s connected students may be more digitally aware than ever thanks to mobile technology, but this handy infographic shows a number of interesting ways that technology is being used in educational settings, along with a few fun factoids. Read on to learn more.
Did You Know?
- 1/4 of teens own a smartphone. 77% have a ‘cell phone’, more generically speaking
- 63% of students prefer a blended learning environment
- Virtual labs are allowing science experiments to happen across the country
- 95% of teens aged 12-17 use the internet regularly
- 1:1 device programs are allowing learning at school and at home
- Only 23% of internet users and 7% of cell phone users say that they’ve taken part in a video call, chat, or teleconference