Watch Out Mr Andrew 5/6J has the Tier 2 Word Sentence and Now the Quiz Knowledge. Bring It On!!!!
1. The _____ family is the largest family of flowering plants. The number of ______ species equals about four times the number of mammal species, or more than twice the number of bird species. Fill in the Blank
2. This city, whose name is said to have been derived from Sanskrit for “City of Virtue” (Punya Nagari) is the eight largest in India and is situated around 550 metres above sea level on the Deccan plateau. Which city?
3. After the invention of telephones in 1876, Thomas Alva Edison suggested the word ______ to start a conversation. What word?
4. Watermelons contain 92% ____ by weight. Fill in the blank.
5. Which is the planet closest to the sun in the Solar System?
6. How many months of the year have 31 days?
7. Today (January 13th) is the birthday of the first Indian to travel in Space. Who?
8. According to the nursery rhyme, where did Mary’s lamb follow her to?
9. The second line of a very famous song is “Oh, what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh”. What is the first line?
10. Sony: Play station :: Microsoft :______?
11. What is India’s internet country domain code?
12. The Indian version of “Are you smarter than a 5th grader” – Kya Aap Panchvi Pass se tez Hai, was hosted by?
13. You have to press Ctrl-Alt-___ to lock a computer. Which is third key to press?
14. This hill station is around 64 km from Pune and is also called the “Chikki” capital of India, as there are a lot of local outlets there manufacturing this sweet. Which place?
15. At which popular religious destination in India can you find Ram Jhula and Lakshman Jhula?
16. Which Indian state literally means ‘The abode of clouds’?
17. What does the ‘C’ stand for in CBI, the premier intelligence agency of India?
18. Which car company makes the model called “Xylo”?
19. Which Asian country’s name comes from the Sanskrit for “Lion city”?
20. In Tennis, what is the name given to a serve in which the opponent doesn’t manage to touch the ball?
21. Which English word is derived from the Greek word scholeio?
22. Whom/What did Jim Corbett describe as ‘a large hearted gentleman with boundless courage’?
23. Which country would appear first in the list of alphabetically arranged country names?
24. Around 1830, what British naturalist developed the theory of natural selection by studying animals on the Galapagos Islands?
25. How many months of the year have 31 days? 7
26. The Hindi word for “a delicacy” or “to lick” is a very popular snack variety in India. What?
27. For which animal is the Kaziranga national Park in Assam most famous for?
28. Which is the planet closest to the sun in the Solar System?
29. How many stars are there in our Solar System?
30. One of the most famous comets, it returns every 75 to 76 years and will return in 2061. Which one?
31. Into which sea does the River Jordan in Israel flow?
32. What does the V stand for in DVD?
33. This hill station is around 64 km from Pune and is also called the “Chikki” capital of India, as there are a lot of local outlets there manufacturing this sweet. Which place?
34. Americans call it a faucet. What do we call it in India?
Choose the correct answer from the choices given
1. Which planet has a moon called Titan?
A) Saturn B) Jupiter C) Uranus D) Mars
2. Which is the fastest bird?
A) Pigeon B) Hummingbird C) Peregrine falcon D) Swift
3. Which is the longest river in the world?
A) Nile B) Amazon C) Danube D) Mutha River, Pune
4. What is the body’s largest organ?
A) Heart B) Skin C) Large Intestine D) Stomach
5. The year 1606 is in which century?
A) 15th century B) 16th century C) 17th century D) 1600th century