Learning Intention: To view media as a reader to form an opinion using a SQ3R
SQ3R – A Non Fiction Response
This week we will:
* View a media clip –
- the title, headings, and subheadings
- captions under pictures, charts, graphs or maps
- review questions or teacher-made study guides
- introductory and concluding paragraphs
* Questions about the clip –
- Turn the title, headings, and/or subheadings into questions
- Read questions at the end of the chapters or after each subheading
- Ask yourself,
“What did my instructor say about this chapter or subject
when it was assigned?”
- Ask yourself,
“What do I already know about this subject?”
* View the media clip as a reader –
- Look for answers to the questions you first raised
- Answer questions at the beginning or end of chapters or study guides
- Reread captions under pictures, graphs, etc.
- Note all the underlined, italicized, bold printed words or phrases
- Study graphic aids
- Reduce your speed for difficult passages
- Stop and reread parts which are not clear
- Read only a section at a time and recite after each section
* Recite what you’ve viewed –
- Orally ask yourself questions about what you have just read, or summarize, in your own words, what you read
- Take notes from the text but write the information in your own words
- Underline or highlight important points you’ve just read
The more senses you use the more likely you are to remember what you read Triple strength learning: Seeing, saying, hearing
Quadruple strength learning: Seeing , saying , hearing, writing!!!
* Review and summarize what your opinions are about the media clip, what is you thoughts about Chinese censorship and what facts do you know about it now.
5 thoughts on “Responding to Media: Censorship in China”
I’m looking foward to trying out this new technique for reading. We are learning and learning new things that help us alot. I’m really excited to see what you next have instore for us Mrs Joyce!
My feelings about this video:
I feel a bit happy and abit confused because I know that the govement is trying to make there country safe but they have to take chance and see how they go because google is not bad like not used for bad thing it’s only a better way to get a better answer but maybe they are not wanting them to know what is happen around the world.
I’m confused that how many they have blocked I think they have gone abit over board I know why facebook is band but twitter, Goolge and youtube so for starters twittwe isused to follow people and post what you like. Google is for screach for better websites and youtube is your screaching for music and to show your talenets just like justin beiber he became famous but I think he has wasted it just my opinion.
Thank you for reading.
Censorship in China.
My questions about Censorship in China.
-Why did they block different sities like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube?
-Why have they blocked so many sities?
-Will they unblock some sities?
-What will they gain by blocking these sities?
-What is the Governments aim to block these sities?
Why would they do that .Did any of them care about the people in china did they ask them?Does anyone in china like this?what site are they going to go on? what a they going to do on the computer?
I wonder why they didn’t blocked off myspace? If China is going to block off any other website? I wonder if China’s goverment on any other website? I wonder if any other countries are going to do the same as China? I wonder if China is going to put google twitter and youtube back on? I wonder if China is going to shut down any other website? Why didn’t China shut down those websites when they were made? I wonder if anyone from another country came to China and they didn’t know that they can’t use all those websites I wonder of how they felt?