Room 13 Stanmore Bay the students of 5/6J spent a session of their learning today compiling Inquiry questions that they would like to investigate about New Zealand. We are wondering if you could help answer some of these questions or give us some feedback.
Here are our Questions:
* Is there a reason why you learn the Maori language and culture in your schools?
* How is New Zealand protected? e.g. What is your defense force and your Government about?
* Why don’t you have snakes in New Zealand?
* What is the story behind the National Anthem of New Zealand?
* What are the Sports New Zealand represents Internationally?
* What does the New Zealand curriculum consist of?
* Is your economy effective (strong)? Why or Why not?
* What is the most common fruit grown in New Zealand? Why?
* Why do New Zealanders do the Huka? What does it represent?
* What is the most popular tourist attraction In New Zealand? Why?
* How many Kiwi’s are currently left in the wild?
* What does the Maori culture represent?
Any help you could give us would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to prepare some questions for us that we can comment on your blog http://stanmore13.wordpress.com
18 thoughts on “Stanmore Bay Can You Help Us Answer These Questions?”
we represent lots of sports internationally, but we are best known for netball and rugby
Jenna am I right in saying your Rugby team is called the ‘All Blacks’ and your Netball team ‘The Sliver Ferns’?
Yes those are the names of our netball and rugby teams
The most popular tourist attraction in New Zealand is probably the Sky Tower. It is in Auckland, the biggest city in New Zealand. It is a 328 metre high tower that people can look at the view from. People all over New Zealand like to come to Auckland to go up it.
Alex the Sky Tower sounds very interesting. When I was in China teaching earlier this year I went up a Telecommunications tower in Shanghai that was tall like your tower. On one of the levels the floor was glass and you could see right down to the ground. I was too scared to step out on the ledge. Does your tower have an observation deck?
yes the sky tower has an observation deck
Some say here are about 20,000 to 30,000 kiwis left in the wild,some say 10,000 kiwis are left in the wild,but i say there isn’t enough kiwis left.
Keigan would you class Kiwi’s as endangered?
yes I would class kiwis as endangered
Hi room 56J these are great questions. We will do our best to answer more tomorrow. We also have a list of questions for you which we will post as well so keep a look out for these:)
There are no snakes in New Zealand because thet were never here when the land seperated.
Apples and kiwifruit are the most common.
We have an Army, a small Air Force and a Navy. Mostly our Navy protects us by patrolling around the country . We have a 200km exclusion zone around us. .
The Maori culture represents all the beliefs and value systems that they have. It underpins their way of life. It is a very family and community orientated society. Their language unlocks the culture as they are a very oral people.
The haka is a anchient maori war cry. It was used to intimidate other tribes before battle.
I couldn’t answer these even if they were aimed for Australia.
there is 2008 was believed to be 72,600 kiwi’s in New Zealand
The most popular tourist attraction is probably the Sky Tower in Aucland city. 😉